Emergency Management


City Offices:

304 S. Main Street
Noble, OK 73068

Disaster Assistance

Home » Departments » Public Safety » Emergency Management » Disaster Assistance

If your received any damage to your home or property from the May 10th - 13th severe storms and tornadoes, there are several ways to apply for disaster assistance.

How do I apply?
Residents can apply online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).  Those with speech or hearing impairments should call (TTY) 1-800-462-7585.

What kinds of assistance are available?
Disaster assistance can include grants too help pay for temporary housing, home repairs, or other serious disaster-related expenses not covered by insurance or other aid programs.  Grants do not have to be repaid.

Am I eligible for Individual Assistance if I already have insurance?
You should apply for assistance even if you have insurance, because you may find that you are underinsured or have unmet needs after your insurance settlement.  If you have not already contacted your insurance agent to file a claim, please do so as soon as possible.  Failure to file a claim with your insurance comoany may affect your eligibility for assistance.  Insurance is your main source for money to put your life back in order after a disaster.  But there are many things that the insurance does not cover, so disaster programs may be able to help. The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) offers low-interest disaster loans to homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes and private nonprofit organizations to repair or replace damaged real estate and personal property.

I have applied.  What happens next?
After you apply, FEMA will send you a copy of your application and a copy of "Help After a Disaster: Applicants Guide to the Individuals and Households Program," which will answer many of your questions.
If your home or its contents are damaged and you are underinsured or uninsured, a FEMA inspector may contact you within about ten (10) days after you apply to schedule a time to meet with you at your damaged home.  All inspectors carry photo ID that shows they are affiliated with the U.S. government.

How can I check the status of my case?
Applicants may visit a local Disaster Recovery Center, go online to www.DisasterAssistance.gov or call the FEMA Helpline at 1-800-621-3362 (FEMA) or (TTY) 1-800-462-7585 for the hearing or speech impaired.  Make sure you have your registration number handy.  A list of Disaster Recovery Center locations is available at www.fema.gov/oklahoma. Click "May Tornado Disaster" banner.