Noble, OK 73068
Internet SafetyHome » Departments » Public Safety » Police Department » Kids Safety Page » Internet Safety
Whenever you get online, there are some very important things to keep in mind when you're on your home, work or school computer.
- Never agree to meet with someone you've talked to on the internet without asking permission from your parents first, even if they say they are in serious trouble and need help now.
- Never give your real last name, address or telephone number to anyone!
- Never tell anyone when and where your parents work, the names of your parents, where your parents shop or even what you did for vacation. Bad guys can turn this simple information into useful information to commit a crime.
- Tell your parents when someone asks you to keep their conversations, friendship or emails a secret.
- Never send or post pictures to anyone without your parent there. If the person asking for pictures is someone you met online and/or a stranger, tell them NO!
- Remember, people online may not be who they say they are. Someone who says that "she" is an "11 year old girl" may really be an older man.
Keep all of these tips in mind whenever your online and stay safe on the internet!