City Offices:

304 S. Main Street
Noble, OK 73068


Summer is Almost Here, Time For Tagging

City Licenses, Rabies Vaccination, Run at Large

Being a responsible pet owner requires more than just making sure your animal is fed and watered.  Being a responsible pet owner means ensuring your pet is properly licensed and vaccinated.  A responsible pet owner ensures their animal does not run at large.

According to the City of Noble Ordinance 4-202, all dogs and cats are to be licensed with the City.  The City licensed can be obtained at any time at the Noble Police Department, 115 N 2nd Street.  To purchase the license an owner needs to bring a copy of the proof of rabies vaccination by a licensed veterinarian.  The cost per animal is five dollars ($5.00) for the tag.  The tag is valid for one year.  If you lose your animal’s tag, a replacement tag costs one dollar ($1.00), but expires on the same date as the original tag.  The City tag is to be worn at all times on a collar or harness. 

The primary purpose of the City tag is to ensure that your pet can be returned to you as quickly as possible.  When the Animal Control Officer picks up an animal, the first thing he does is look for a collar and tags.  If the animal has a City Tag, the Animal Control Officer will call the Dispatcher and have them look up the owner’s information on the City’s License Registry.  The Animal Control Officer will then attempt to make contact with the owner.  If the owner can not be contacted, the animal will be taken to the animal shelter.  To get the animal released from the shelter will incur additional fees. 

According to the City of Noble Ordinance 4-201, all dogs and cats are to be vaccinated for rabies by a licensed veterinarian.  If your animal were to bite a person without being vaccinated, the animal would have to be quarantined for 10 days at a licensed veterinarian at the expense of the owner. 

All dogs and cats must have their City Tag and Rabies Tag on their collar or harness and have their collar or harness on at all times.  Collars and harnesses need to be snug enough that they will not slip off their heads and bodies, yet not be so tight as to cause choking.

Dogs and cats must be kept on the owners property at all times.  If your animal is going to be at large on your own property it must be confined behind a substantial fence or enclosure of enough height to prevent it from escaping. Having your pets on a tether is fine as long as it is at least 10 feet in length, but where it can not get onto another’s property.  If you are going to walk your animal, it must be on a leash and under the owner’s direct physical control.  According to the City Ordinance 4-101, electronic fences shall not be deemed to constitute a substantial fence or enclosure.

For more information, call the Noble Police Department at 405-872-9231.