Noble, OK 73068
PatrolHome » Departments » Public Safety » Police Department » Patrol
The patrol division and the patrol officer is the first line of defense against illegal and unacceptable behavior and is often the public’s initial point of contact with the police department. The patrol officer works with the community to constantly strive to find innovative ways to solve problems, reduce crime rates, control criminal activity while delivering timely, courteous service.
The Noble Police Department is currently made up of 11 full-time certified police officers and one reserve officer. These officers are tasked with incorporating all aspects of police work to provide for a safer community.
A patrol officer is the initial responding officer on police calls, they conduct investigations, and maintain routine patrol activities to preserve the peace, enforce laws, prevent and deter crime, protect life and property, arrest suspected violators of the law, and render service to the public.
A patrol officer may be assigned special duties such as criminal investigation, drug and alcohol law enforcement and/or education responsibilities, K-9 patrol, and other tasks as required. Duties are performed under general supervision in accordance with well-established police practices, standards, and departmental policy and regulations. This work may frequently involve hazardous or strenuous tasks, but always involves the exercise of initiative and independent judgment in emergency situations.
Minimum Qualifications to become a patrol officer are as follows:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalency certificate.
- Must be 21 years old. Must be able to qualify on the shooting range. Must be able to pass the Oklahoma Police Pension and Retirement Systems medical standards and be State certified by CLEET;
- Ability to operate two-way radio, walkie-talkie, in field situations, and to effectively operate radar equipment, etc.;
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret ordinances, laws, and other operating procedures and communicate orally and in writing;
- Ability to deal effectively with the public using tact and diplomacy, and remain calm in emergency situations;
- Ability to make split second decisions that could affect the well being of the public, department, fellow employees, as well as the officer’s safety;
- Ability and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality;
- Must be able to respond to varying situations with tact and diplomacy and ability to deal with stressful, hostile or irrational persons, whether due to physical or mental disability, drugs, socio-economic differences, or other factors;
- Ability to investigate crimes and complete reports;
- Meet constitutional requirements, and perform first aid and/or CPR;
- Ability to interface with other law enforcement personnel and safety personnel;
- To perform routine preventative maintenance on vehicle;
- Must be able to pass psychological requirements as required by law;
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Drivers license, and be insurable.
Noble Police Department operates three shifts listed below:
0700 – 1500 hrs.
1500 – 2300 hrs.
2300 – 0700 hrs.
Staffing of the shifts include a Sergeant and two officers.