The City of Noble is looking to hire a Part-Time Employee to open access to the City’s Brush Dump and assist at the Animal Control Shelter on Saturdays.
Applications can also be picked up at the Noble Police Department. Applications should be turned into the Noble Police Department.
OCCUPATIONAL TITLE: Part Time Facility Access Operator
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Police/Animal Control
GENERAL DEFINITION: This is Part Time work assisting in the upkeep and allowing access to the Noble Animal Shelter and access to the City of Noble’s Brush Dump over weekends. The projected hours of weekend operation would be Saturday between 10 am until 3 pm.
This employee reports to and receives general direction from the Animal Control Officer. Duties are performed under general supervision in accordance with established standards, policies, and regulations. This work may occasionally involve safety hazards and strenuous physical activity; and occasionally involves the exercise of initiative and independent judgement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: (The items, listed below, are not intended to be a complete listing of all essential functions and duties of this position.)
1. Care for impounded animals in the City’s animal shelter;
2. Assist in the cleaning and general maintenance of the City’s animal shelter;
3. Control access to the animal shelter as required; to enable the public to see what animals are adoptable, and adopt animals out; to release animals to owners after they have paid all fees.
4. Control access to the City’s brush dump, checking to ensure only residents are dumping brush in the brush dump or large trash in the large trash haul-off;
5. Communicate with the Police Department Dispatch to log opening and closing times
1. Knowledge equivalent of a high school diploma and such training and/or experience as would provide the applicant with the below referenced knowledge, skills, and abilities;
2. Knowledge of animal behavior characteristics;
3. Working knowledge of the methods, techniques, and procedures to care for the animals in the shelter;
4. Ability to apply tact and diplomacy in the relationships with visitors to the shelter and brush dump;
5. Demonstrated physical fitness abilities;
6. Ability to work with minimal supervision;
7. Must possess a valid Oklahoma Drivers license, and be insured.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Some exposure to unpleasant weather and requires continuous attention to safe working and operating procedures to ensure the safety of one’s self and fellow citizens;
2. Must have the visual acuity to identify problems and detect danger;
3. Must possess aural acuity to understand conversation in quiet and noisy environments and understand radio transmissions;
4. Speech and hearing required to effectively transmit information via the radio and in person;
5. Exposure to animal bites, stressful situations, and offensive smells;
6. Must have strength to lift, pull and push 75 pounds on a frequent basis and lager weights on occasion;
7. Stamina to exert self throughout the day in all weather conditions.
SUPERVISION: The Part Time Facility Access Operator performs under direct supervision of a superior officer at the direction of the Police Chief or his/her designee. The Part Time Facility Access Operator reports to the Animal Control Officer