Community Development


The City of Noble maintains the authority to address any parcel of land in the city limits and partners with the Association of Central Oklahoma Governments (ACOG) to ensure those assigned addresses are accurately incorporated into the Enhanced 9-1-1 (E9-1-1) emergency communication service in Central Oklahoma.  If you need an address assigned to a parcel of land, contact Robert Porton at (405) 872-9251 x3 or by email at


Floodplain Management

The Floodplain Management department of the City of Noble is devoted to mitigating flood damages to its residents by regulating development in the Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHA’s), commonly known as the 1% or 100 year flood zone. These are zones in the community which have a 1 % chance of flooding in any given year. While Noble is fortunate to have few of these areaswhen compared to other municipalities, there are still significant SFHA’s along the Canadian River and Dave Blue Creek, as well as a few others. For obvious reasons, the city encourages builders to locate their development out of these zones entirely.

New Construction or Reconstruction for Substantially Damaged Structures

Any new construction which takes place in the SFHA area is required to be elevated above the Base Flood Elevation (BFE) for that area, which is simply an engineered estimate of the point that floodwaters would rise in the occurrence of a 1% flood. This elevation requirement would also be enforced for those structures which were located in the floodplain prior to our floodplain regulations provided that, due to a natural disaster or some other cause, the structure is damaged by more than 50% of its value. In other words, if a tornado damaged a home, and the cost of repairing the home exceeded more than 50% of its original value, the structure would have to become compliant with the current floodplain management standards.

If you have any questions regarding Noble’s floodplain management policies, you may call the Planning office at (405) 872-9251 x6.


R-1-D    One Family Detached Residential
R-E    Residential Estates
R-2    Two Family Residential
R-4    High Density Residential
R-MH-2 Mobile Home Park
O-2    General Office
C-2    Planned Shopping Center
C-4    General Commercial
I-2    Moderate Industrial
PUD    Planned Unit Development
R-1-A    Attached One Family Residential
A-1    Agriculture
R-3    Medium Density Residential
R-MH-1    Mobile Home Subdivision
O-1    Restricted Office
C-1     Restricted Office
C-3    Community Commercial
I-1    Light Industrial
I-3    Heavy Industrial
SPUD    Special Planned Unit Development\

Storm Water

The City of Noble is currently required by federal regulations to implement a city-wide stormwater management program to alleviate the pollution in our waters and streams that is caused as a result of polluted stormwater runoff. The heavy precipitation from local storms can flow into a storm sewer system or directly to a lake, stream, river or wetland, and anything that enters a storm sewer system is discharged untreated into the water bodies we use for swimming, fishing, and providing drinking water. Everyone in the community can do their part to help keep our rivers and streams clean and safe. Here are some tips that every homeowner can use to fight stormwater pollution:

Download Stormwater Pollution Solutions

And we even have a crossword puzzle for the kids!

The City of Noble takes the quality of its streams and creeks very seriously.  If you there is something that could contribute to stormwater pollution in your area, go to the contact us section of our website or call (405) 872-9251 x 6 and tell us about it.  We don’t need your name and we should be there to inspect the concern within 24 hours.

Code Enforcement

The City of Noble has a Code of Ordinances which was adopted by the City Council to ensure the comfort, safety, and well-being of its citizens. The duties of the Code Enforcement department are to enforce these codes in an unbiased and effective manner in order to create a desirable working and living environment for everyone in the community.

To have the City Code inspector investigate a potential violation, fill out a copy of the Citizen Complaint Form and bring it to Noble City Hall.


An important duty of the City of Noble is to issue building permits and conduct building inspections. Building permits are required for new construction, renovations, and many other activities. Some activities that require a building permit may include, but are not necessarily limited to:

  • The installation of an electrical, gas distribution, or plumbing system;
  • The alteration, construction, enlargement, removal, relocation, or repair of an building or other structure that includes plumbing, heat & air, and electrical improvement;
  • The construction or repair of any off-site improvement within that area defined by the Noble Comprehensive Plan; or
  • The installation of any air-conditioning, heating or refrigeration system, or the subsequent modification of existing systems.  System shall not be deemed to include window units or free standing units that are installed merely by use of electrical plugs.

If you are in need of a permit, you need simply to print the Application for a Permit to Construct form and bring it to the Noble City Hall.



Almost every project which is approved by the cith through the granting of a building permit is subject to inspection by the city building inspector.  The number and types of inspections will vary greatly depending on the project (a storage building would be subject to fewer inspections than a new home, for example).

Contractors should be aware that the City of Noble has adopted the residetional and commercial versions of the 2015 International Building Codes.  These codes will be enforced for any and all construction projects in the city starting on June 6, 2016.