Employment Opportunities and Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications to become a patrol officer are as follows:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalency certificate.
- Must be 21 years old. Must be able to qualify on the shooting range. Must be able to pass the Oklahoma Police Pension and Retirement Systems medical standards and be State certified by CLEET;
- Ability to operate two-way radio, walkie-talkie, in field situations, and to effectively operate radar equipment, etc.;
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret ordinances, laws, and other operating procedures and communicate orally and in writing;
- Ability to deal effectively with the public using tact and diplomacy, and remain calm in emergency situations;
- Ability to make split second decisions that could affect the well being of the public, department, fellow employees, as well as the officer’s safety;
- Ability and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality;
- Must be able to respond to varying situations with tact and diplomacy and ability to deal with stressful, hostile or irrational persons, whether due to physical or mental disability, drugs, socio-economic differences, or other factors;
- Ability to investigate crimes and complete reports;
- Meet constitutional requirements, and perform first aid and/or CPR;
- Ability to interface with other law enforcement personnel and safety personnel;
- To perform routine preventative maintenance on vehicle;
- Must be able to pass psychological requirements as required by law;
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma Drivers license, and be insurable.
Noble Police Department operates three shifts listed below:
0700 – 1500 hrs.
1500 – 2300 hrs.
2300 – 0700 hrs.
NOBLE POLICE DEPARTMENT
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Starting Pay Commissioned Peace Officers: $29,370
Annual Uniform Allowance: $1,350
Montly Cleaning Allowance: $125
Education and Training Incentives:
Basic CLEET Certificate $0.75 per hr.
Intermediate LE Certificate $1.25 per hr.
Advanced LE Certificate $1.75 per hr.
Associates Degree or 80+ hours $1.00 per hr.
60 to 79 Accredited College Hours $.75 per hr.
Bachelor’s Degree $1.50 per hr.
Master’s Degree $2.00 per hr.
Evening Shift $0.25 per hr.
Overnight Shift $0.50 per hr.
75% of Health & Dental Insurance Paid by City
College Tuition Reimbursement Available
Vacation Earned As Follows:
0-5 yrs. of service 12 days per yr.
5-10 yrs. of service 15 days per yr.
10+ yrs. of service 20 days per yr.
8 hours Sick Leave earned monthly
12 Holidays per year
Member of The Oklahoma Police Pension And Retirement System
When turning in applications, make sure that copies of all supporting documentation is attached.